Welcome to Maxwelltown High Sport Hub
The community sport hub initiative, Sportscotland’s contribution to the Scottish Government’s 2014 legacy plan, is an exciting and innovative approach to the development of sport in local clubs and communities. It is designed to increase the number of people of all ages participating in sport across Scotland.
The Sport Hub gives you the opportunity to have a go at different sports and activities and join a club if you find something you really enjoy. All the clubs that use the facility have fully qualified coaches and are committed to helping beginners start out with new activities.
The clubs are also really keen to take on new helpers, so if you think you can help out with looking after youngsters, doing some admin or lending a hand on match days don’t hesitate to get in touch.
What Maxwelltown High Sport Hub aims to achieve:
- A partnership where a range of local sports can work together.
- Training and development of the people that make sport happen
- An integrated approach led by local partners.
- Self sustainable sports clubs/organisations.
- Genuine community engagement and leadership
- Improved access to facilities at affordable prices.
How will we do this?
Maxwelltown High Sport Hub meets regularly as club reps and partners and works towards the following goals:
- Help promote the sports and activities that are part of the community sport hub
- Identify volunteer training needs for the member clubs and support generic training opportunities
- Offer mentoring opportunities for young people in the sports club environment
- Help organise new initiatives with local partners to increase their memberships
- Identify barriers to people taking part in physical activity and help address them.
- Provide opportunities for young people to take part in more physical activity
Where to find the Hub: